Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Smiles, Colorado, 2 Months Old, Mother's Day & Preschool


So here is a mega-post!! Apparently we have had a pretty busy last 2 weeks. At the last minute the boys and I ended up getting plane tickets to go to Colorado for Mother's Day weekend. My mom hosted a coming home party for Abby and Ross, so we flew home to be at the party and catch up with all our family. It was a whirlwind trip, we were just home from Thursday night to Monday afternoon, but the boys did great, the 3 of us were fine on both flights, we got to introduce Charlie to a bunch of his family that he hasn't met yet, Alec got to play with his cousins, and I got to spend mother's day with my mom and mother-in-law! It was an awesome weekend, and totally reminded us of why we love Colorado so much! Our time home was so short that we didn't see any friends, but we are anxious to catch up with them all when we head back in July. On Mother's Day Charlie turned 2 months old, so I got a double celebration. I couldn't love Alec and Charlie more, and I really enjoyed celebrating being their mom on Sunday. Charlie continues to grow like a weed, and is turning into a very sweet little guy. He still struggles with his reflux on and off and he can be pretty unhappy when his tummy is bothering him (although this is usually be remedied by putting him over your shoulder to spit-up), but aside from that he is so sweet. He has totally started smiling and giggling and he will often carry on little conversations back and forth with us. He still loves to gaze at lights and he loves watching Alec. He is super strong and seems very close to being able to roll from his tummy to his back. He loves to stretch out, kick his legs, and squeal when he is happy. His sleep is getting better and better, he sleeps in an angled cradle at night, and he has only been up once a night to nurse for several days now. His naps are a work in progress, with some good days and some not so good. We still can't believe what a clone of Alec he is and we are truly loving every second with him. The fact that being held by his mama is his all time favorite thing is a nice bonus too! To top off our busy weekend, Alec officially started preschool today. His school is new and was supposed to open in the fall, but due to major construction delays, they finally opened their doors yesterday. It's been kind of obnoxious waiting on them, but I have also had no real need for Alec to be in preschool, so I've enjoyed his company at home. He will only go to school for a half day twice a week for the rest of May, but then he will be in camp there this summer and then start official preschool three half days a week in the fall. He did a great job today! He was excited, he shook his teacher's hand and greeted everyone with a smile before I left. He of course had no trouble saying goodbye to mom and was rosy cheeked and sweaty when I picked him up at 11:30 from playing outside. His teacher said he did an excellent job and he told me his favorite thing was playing with the train tables, which is funny since he has lost interest in the one in his bedroom. I had very mixed emotions dropping him off this morning...it breaks my heart that he is already so grown-up, but I was also so proud of him and I loved seeing how polite, confident and friendly he was. I couldn't have asked for 2 more wonderful children:) Below is a picture overload of all this craziness.

Running with Papa Ross, the stroller is empty b/c Alec wanted to actually run. Ross said he went about a mile in total.

Charlie with Drammy and Abby Root

Shredding with Papa Ross' giant shredder was one of the highlights of the weekend for Alec


My giant smiley baby


Alec and Ansley (one of my cousin Chad's daughters)





Porter (my cousin Reagan's son) and Charlie


Charlie and Emma (Reagan's new daughter) - they are just a month apart




With the dreaded Richard Scarry book, Alec has been obsessed with this book for years, thank goodness it doesn't live at my house.

Mother's Day



Teaching his brother the ropes of Richard Scarry....ahhhhh


Really thinking about rolling over

My frequent flyer, he's such a good boy on airplanes.

This morning before school



Such a handsome little man

and just a few random shots from before we left

3 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

What a great, busy weekend! I just want to squeeze Charlie, he is so cute! And I am glad Alec loves school, he looks so grown up! We can't wait to see you in July!

Abby said...

Soo cute, I miss you and the boys already! I am ready for July.

Grammy G. said...

We miss you guys so much. Charlie looks so big in these pictures! What a fun weekend it was having you guys home.
And, I'm so excited for Alec's school adventures-can't wait to see more.