Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting ready for Spring


Not too much to write about, but I thought I would put up a few pics from the last week. We have had a few tastes of spring weather, followed of course by days of wind and pouring rain, but we are all excited to get outside and have taken advantage of the sun whenever it decides to show up. Charlie was 10 weeks old on Tuesday:( He is as sweet as can be and we love him to pieces, but it is breaking my heart how fast he is growing up. On my scale this morning he weighed 16 lbs! He is getting more and more smiley and interactive and is doing a lot more giggling, especially when we blow raspberries for him. Last night he spent the entire night in his crib asleep on his back, and only got up to eat once at 4:30. Pretty impressive for a boy who wouldn't sleep on his back for more than 5 minutes just a few months ago. Alec is still loving school, and I am too, especially b/c he can be a rather contrary and whiny 3 year old when he is stuck at home inside with Charlie and I for too long. He is also 100% in the question stage and is literally cracking Matt and I up with the amount of "why's" he can fit into any one conversation. Last night I had to have Matt try to tell me what fat is made of b/c Alec asked and then could not accept my "I don't know" as an answer. The hard part is that he has his daddy's memory and really listens to my answers to his 1 million questions a day, so if I just make something up, he will then go and restate it as a fact to someone else while giving me the credit for the made up answer. Ah, 3 year olds:)

Chillin in the back yard


His new way to get the stomp rockets to go really high


Life lessons from Alec

Chatting with Dad




Charlie has been loving the activity mat I pulled out of the basement

Researching different kinds of jet engines


We even busted out the sidewalk chalk yesterday...

Happy spring to everybody

4 comments:

JonandBarbara said...

Hi Erin,

so fun to see blog update. Just what I needed on this rainy spring day....yes even in Colorado. Charlie cute as a button...yes, a big boy...but that's good stuff. I chuckled at the stomp rocket "booster" idea...Alec is so smart. ..getting excited for beach time.Bub chewing on some adventure ideas too. Hugs to all...

Grammy G. said...

Oh my goodness! Charlie has grown so much. I can't wait to get my hands on that boy and share some raspberries.
Alec is VERY creativ with those stomp rockets. I think we need them at the beach!

Sweet Baby James said...

16 lbs!!! Love it! I can not wait to give that little chunker snuggles this summer while James and Alec just sit in a room and ask each other "why?" for hours :-) Love the pics and the updates. Although the sleeping thing makes me want to cry. Mac woke up every hour and a half all night long the past 2 nights. Miss you guys!

Abby said...

I love all those smiles Charlie is giving, what a little doll!