Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow, snow, snow


Just as Matt and I were saying how it never snows a significant amount at a time in IL, we get a blizzard. The news reports didn't lie, we got dumped on last night and woke up to about 3 feet of snow this morning. It was pretty wild. It snowed all day yesterday, but started to really come down yesterday evening and at about 6pm the wind started blowing and it was like a scene from a movie. Complete white out with howling winds and lightning, which neither of us had ever seen in a snow storm before. Lucky for us, our power stayed on, which we were very skeptical about considering the winds, and we only lost our cable service for about a half a day. Surprisingly, the sun came out for a bit today and it ended up being really pretty. I of course didn't have anything with shoveling the driveway, which was no small feat. Matt did almost 3/4 of it himself, and then two of our neighbors came over and helped snow blow the rest. It's pretty funny to look outside right now b/c there is so much snow it looks like we are in North Dakota or Alaska, and considering average Feb temps here, I think we will be seeing this snow for quite awhile. However, we did all enjoy having the day off together, I didn't go into labor (which I wasn't expecting to, but we did joke about what a mess that would have been) and aside from a really sore back, Matt survived the shoveling process. All in all, we all really enjoyed the blizzard; something about this much snow just makes you feel like a kid again!

Shoveling a path out the front door for Brody - he was totally freaked out and it took him until about 10 this morning to finally go to the bathroom in the snow.


Out the back door - Matt had to shovel his way to the garage before they could start the driveway.

From the garage

The yard stick we put in the ground last night

Loving it



The driveway, Matt deserves a medal, or a snow blower


Can you believe he shoveled all this snow??


And here is a belly shot, which I can't believe I am posting b/c I look so giant. I am still feeling really good and the baby looks great. I did, however, have a doc appt on Monday where my belly measured over 2 weeks big. My doc actually took my measurement twice b/c she couldn't believe how big it had gotten in just 2 weeks. Her exact words were, "it's a good thing you have a c-section planned, b/c this is not a small baby." Looks like I'm on track to birth another little moose, just like Alec!

6 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

I was thinking about you guys today with all that snow! Fun! And seriously, I've seen your driveway-Matt needs a snowblower! You look absolutely fantastic-all belly! And no joke, I was measuring 6, yes 6, weeks ahead at one point with Mac. Yikes! You really do look great! That baby will be here soon, we are so excited for you!!! (I am glad it wasn't a blizzard baby though)

Grammy G. said...

OMG!!!! Both the snow and your belly. Large amounts of both.
Looks like Matt shouldn't be able to straighten up today. Makes our "cold days" look kind of silly, even if they WERE really, really cold.
Looks to me like good snowman building materials now. Have fun.

Lacey said...

I too was thinking of you all yesterday. I LOVE the belly, not too big, PERFECT! Few more weeks til you meet him/her. Take care of yourself til then.

Reagan & Corey Sowa said...

Holy snow! Corey is so jealous. Can't wait to see your little one!

Abby said...

You look great! and the snow looks really fun, but shoveling all of it does not :) They were showing Chicago on the national news in Istanbul bc of the blizzard so we were thinking of you!

JonandBarbara said...

Erin, you look beautiful! OK big belly...little guy big smiles and big shovels of snow too. Love how he enjoys getting into whatever going on.