Monday, February 28, 2011

Babe Update


I had my 38 week Doc appt today, and it was a little more eventful than I had hoped for. At my last 2 appointments I hadn't progressed at all, and we were hoping I would stay that way until my scheduled c-section. However, I have had some decent cramps and pressure in the last week and had a pretty strong feeling that things had changed. As of today, I am a little over 3 cm dilated, 50 percent effaced, and the baby is super low. Quite a change from last week! We have just had it in our heads all along that this baby would be born on the 8th, so the fact that it very well might be earlier has come as a bit of a shock to us both. Don't get me wrong, we are totally excited, we just have a plan for the 8th, and not one for beforehand. So, as of tonight we are coming up with a plan of what to do with Alec if something happens, and I have strict instructions from the doc to go directly to the hospital the minute I start to have contractions since she doesn't want me to go too far into labor, especially coinsidering I was at 6 cm when I showed up at my doc appt with Alec and wasn't even sure I was in labor or not. We have our fingers crossed that little Sungy will stay put at least until the weekend when my dad and Loretta get here, but you just never know. I still think I will make it to the 8th, but Matt is not nearly as convinced!

On an unrelated note, the pic is from this weekend. We had Mark, Christie, Hayden, Piper and their french bulldog, Oakley, over for dinner and a playdate. We are so happy to have some of our old CO buddies here in IL with us and it's really fun for Mark and Matt, who were friends as kids, to raise their boys together.

4 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

Oh my goodness Erin, I have goosebumps for you! I am so excited for your big day! We will keep you guys in our thoughts this next week and hope that baby stays put until you are ready :-) Good luck!!!!

JonandBarbara said...

Love you much. Saying prayers for all. Exciting time. Barbie and Jon

Grammy G. said...

I am having a strong feeling that this baby will come on Friday! Hoping I'm wrong........

Abby said...

Ahhh, I can't believe it could be any day!!!! I will definitely be checking in this weekend, we can't wait to see pictures:) Sending lots of love and good wishes from Africa xoxoxo