Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Big Brother


Alec attended big brother class at the hospital this weekend. There were about seven 3 year olds in the class, and it was a complete riot. He learned a lot about how to help with a baby, and had a great time practicing with his doll. He gave the baby a bottle, a pacifier, he swaddled it, and even changed a diaper. He also got to watch a short movie about what will happen when the baby is born and decorate a bib for the baby. It was a cute class and we are definitely glad we went. The dialogue b/w the teacher and a group of soon-to-be 3 year old siblings was absolutely hilarious, they had the parents laughing the entire time. We think Alec is going to do just great as a big brother!


You should have seen the 3 year olds trying to be gentle with the babies


Alec even had Grammy join him all the way from CO

...and in case you didn't think I could possibly get any bigger, here is proof that I can. I started retaining water this weekend, so I now have a nice extra layer of padding on my arms, legs, hands, and feet. My mom was here this weekend, which was a total treat and super nice for me b/c she helped me get everything finished and ready, and she babysat Alec on Sat so Matt and I could go on a date. Thanks so much Mom, we love you!

A tall and skinny boy with his short and round mama.

4 comments:

JonandBarbara said...

You look beautiful and the boy very grown up. Big Brother class what a great idea. Love to you dear girl and hug the very grown up boy from Bub

Lacey said...

An adorable boy with his beautiful Mamma. Alec will be a fantastic big brother!

Sweet Baby James said...

Did you wear your slippers on your date? :-) You look great! Alec is going to be an awesome big brother to a very lucky little baby!

The O'Reillys said...

That big brother class looks like fun! You look great, Erin, I'm excited to hear that your baby has arrived. And if it comes on schedule, it will share my birthday on the 8th :)