Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Update


Greetings from IL - we enjoyed a nice warm weekend and had lots of fun exploring our new town together and working in the yard. One other major highlight of the weekend - Alec's new sun visor - love it!!

Checking out a new park

with a great swing

working in the yard - we had the house power washed this weekend in preparation to be painted, so we had some major paint clean-up to do. As evidenced by the porch - the house desperately needs paint.

Riding to town for lunch and to watch trains. Alec is a strider-pro. He can literally ride the bike for 3 miles and cruises around like crazy. We get stopped almost every time we are out with him b/c people can't beleive such a little guy is on a bike. I think he will be able to transition to a 2 wheeler in no time.

Racing dad

The fastest way to cross the street

Today we went to a storytime that is put on by the little zoo up the street from our house. It was great - the theme was snakes, and the kids got to learn and read about snakes, crawl like snakes, make toy snakes, and even pet a real snake. I guess every week is about a different animal - it was super cute and definitely something we will be going to again.

Until next time......(could this last pic look any more like Matt?)

4 comments:

Grammy G. said...

You think the LAST picture looks like Matt???? I thought the first one was a dead ringer. With the haircut and new visor he is truly Matt's mini-me.
Looks like it was a fun weekend. I hope I get to go to the zoo with Alec too. Did you meet anybody?
Miss you all.

Sweet Baby James said...

That storytime sounds great! And I am so jealous of Alec's Strider skills-guess who still won't touch his? Glad you guys had a fun weekend in your new town!

Abby said...

I am feeling very proud to have gifted Alec the strider and I am so glad he likes using it! He is definitely a Matt mini and I love the visor :)

Lacey said...

I too love the visor. Looks like your new town has a lot of great things to offer lil ones!