Monday, April 5, 2010

Visitors and Easter


We have been busy here in Chicago! About 10 days ago I flew home to Denver and the next morning my mom and I hit the road to drive out here with Brody and my car. We ended up driving straight through and arrived a little sleepy eyed 16 1/2 hours later. Brody was awesome in the car - he slept the entire way, and aside from crazy winds in all of Nebraska, we had a nice and uneventful trip. The next day we headed to the airport and picked up my Aunt Barbie who flew in for the weekend to help us get organized. My mom and aunt are work horses and amazing helpers, so we got a ton of stuff done and my house looks so much better thanks to them. We did even manage to fit in a few fun things - like walking Alec in his new wagon, shopping around downtown Wheaton, and of course - eating! Barbie left on Monday night and my mom and I continued to work on the house until Thursday, when we went back to the airport to pick up Abby. She is the smart one of the bunch and arrived after pretty much everything in the house was done, so we had a great weekend. We even got to take the train into the city to meet up with a friend of Abby and I's from high school for drinks and dinner. We also did PLENTY of eating and had a wonderful Easter yesterday. We made breakfast and dinner, and managed to squeeze in an egg hunt and a trip to Trader Joe's (a first for all three of us - we were literally like kids in a candy shop). As you can see in the pics, little Alec loved having his family around and was pretty hilarious with his egg hunt and the sugar high he had basically all day yesterday. I was so sad to drop my mom and Abby off today -while the house looks great, it seems strangely quiet and lonely. Thank you guys so much for coming and for all of your help - we love you more than you can imagine.

After watching my mom, aunt and I arrange and rearrange things for three days, Alec decided to try some organizing of his own - pretty good huh?

Rediscovering his piano - the face doesn't show it, but he loves it

My mom also spent hours helping us weed the mess that is my yard - good thing Alec thinks yard work is about the most fun thing ever b/c I will be doing lots of it.

My little gardener

I love this one

Some yoga with Abby

Getting ready to dye eggs

very hard at work

showing off his work


the finished products


Easter morning


Alec would open and dump out every egg after he found it - I actually think he enjoyed sorting his loot more than actually looking for eggs

figuring out the hunting process




Easter dinner - and a shot of my new dining room

some pre-dinner sugar high antics

Enjoying some of Aunt Abby's pumpkin cupcakes - they were a hit!

3 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

The house looks SO great! I can't wait to see it! It looks like you guys are all settled-I am impressed! And I have to say I am very jealous that you live by a Trader Joes and an Ikea. I mean, what more could you want?! Glad you had a good Easter!

Abby said...

It was so much fun to come visit, see my favorite nephew, and your adorable new house! We are missing you guys but I loved it there and can't wait to come back :)

Grammy G. said...

I had a wonderful visit and love your new home. I already miss you guys like crazy and am plotting the next visit out.
Tell Pumpkin Beanie Stout his Drammy loves him. Then sing a song or two!