Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random Update


Just some random pics from the last week, nothing too exciting to report. We are getting settled in and trying to find a routine. Alec started gymnastics last week and it's a riot - he is of course about 100 times wilder and more fearless than the rest of his classmates. At the beginning of class every kid sat in their parents laps for some stretching while Alec ran circles around the group - he's my maniac, but he loved it and asked for more "nastics" as soon as we left. I also joined a new gym today, so hopefully we can get back into the routine of going to the gym everyday. Alec also got a haircut (or should I say buzz) this morning. His hair was really long, so I told her she could cut it short for the summer, and she did. It's shorter than it has ever been, and a little too short for my liking, but it grows fast so I'm sure it will be cute in a few weeks. The weather has been nice so we have been spending a lot of time outside and we met a bunch of our neighbors at a neighborhood bonfire on Sat - they are all nice, but none of the moms stay home, which is a bummer for me. With all our visitors gone, and Matt super busy at work, I'm a little lonely and homesick, but life is good other than that. Hugs!

Checking out the visitors - the ducks above - we had in the yard Friday night. There were actually three to start with, and a mating scene that was so aggressive and violent I almost couldn't let Alec watch. He just kept saying, "look mama - those ducks fighting." Finally one of the males flew away and then there was peace.

A tree in our backyard that started blooming this week - our yard is an endless mystery.

Playing outside - it is startling for us to see how big Alec looks this summer in shorts - he is literally a block - his legs and lower body are so thick that he can hardly fit into 4T shorts. Matt says he has Papa Gene's build.

Brode got a haircut too

Pre-haircut

During haircut - he loved smiling at himself in the mirror and the hairdresser said he was the best behaved kid she had ever cut - she couldn't get over how still he sat. Yep, she was really talking about Alec.

The aftermath - Daddy's gonna flip when he comes home.

3 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

You had me scared for the post-haircut picture. I was picturing a little bald Alec. It is not too short-he looks very handsome. Have you guys found a story time or anything? I bet you would meet some stay at home moms there. You will meet some new friends in no time!

Grammy G. said...

I'm with Katy, I was expecting a real "buzz" cut! That's what the boys at school have been showing up with.
He is a little block. We could say "cinder block" instead of "beanie stout". Or "cinder stout", now that's the ticket.
Glad you joined the gym. You will enjoy adding that back into your routine.
I am SO happy to see new pictures.

Little Miss Nelson said...

Okay, so I too was bracing for a buzz cut. His cut is really cute on him, even if it was shorter than anticipated. I'm so glad that you are all settling in meeting new neighbors, we've lived in our house for 3 years and our neighbors have never done anything as fun as a bonfire so your neighborhood is already sounding pretty good to me. I love that Alec is becoming a gymnast, the picture that I have in my head is too cute for words. We miss you guys!