Monday, March 8, 2010

Goodbye Colorado


We made it home last night after an insane week long trip to Chicago. We did successfully close on our house on Monday, and we are all very relieved about that! The rest of the week was spent trying to organize all the work that needs to get done before our stuff arrives next week. As seems to be the case with all contractor work - nothing has gone as smoothly as it was supposed to, and nothing has been done in the timely way we were hoping for. However, the house is super cute and we are all so looking forward to living together again. The movers show up here tomorrow to get our stuff on this house ready, and baring another total mess, Alec and I fly into Chicago for good on Friday night. It's been a really rough 6+ months for us, and it is nice to know there is an end in sight. Even with all that in mind, it doesn't make leaving this house, or Colorado, or our families any easier. I'm not sure if I have ever felt so sad about having to do something in all of my life. We LOVE it here and wish more than anything that we weren't having to make this move. We will have each other though, and hopefully a lot of company, and I hope I can look back on this point at some time in the future with fond memories. So - here are some pics of the last week, and a sign off until we are in IL with a computer that is up and running so I can post. Hugs and kisses to everyone - we love you Colorado!

Posing for pics and then checking them out on the camera

Where did my baby go?

Helping clean up the new house - Alec LOVED mopping!

Matt has to stay in the empty house, among the plethora of workers and mess that are everywhere, for the next week. We tried to make him a little living space in the study and bedroom.

His room

Approved by Alec

Alec's new cheese face

For good measure

Alec has nearly earned his own free frequent flier flight with all the miles he has racked up over the past 6 months!

6 comments:

Zach, Lacey, Audrina, & Augustino said...

We will miss you dearly! The house does look really cute in the pictures, it will feel like 'home' in no time! See you in the summer!

Grammy G. said...

I think the pictures in the new house look great. I can't wait to see it and see how you turn it into a home. Train bed here we come.....!

Little Miss Nelson said...

We are so sad that you are leaving and at the same time happy that you, Matt and Alec will be back together again and on to new adventures! Your new house gorgeous, I'm so happy that your on your way to way to making it your home. We'll miss you guys so much, but we can't wait to see you again soon and hear all about Chi-town!

Abby said...

This post makes me sad but I am also relieved that you guys will finally all be together and excited for you to start new adventure:) I can't wait to see the new place!

Sweet Baby James said...

Ditto everyone else. We will miss you guys so much, but I am so happy you guys will all be together in your new house so soon! And James is already talking about going to Chicago and seeing the Cubs with Alec!

JackieBradley said...

ERIN!!! I'll miss seeing you at our Thursday night dinners-but I can't wait to hear about Chicago! You'll be more blessed in the end-adding to your group of friends with friends in CO and in Chicago! Your new house looks awesome! Thanks for your friendship!