Monday, March 22, 2010

The move

Here are a bunch of pics from the last 10 days. We are starting to get settled in to our new house, and are loving the fact that we are no longer surrounded by boxes and moving paper. The neighborhood seems really nice - Alec and I have walked to Starbucks and sat outside watching the trains go by, and we also all walked into town for dinner at a cute little Thai place on Friday night. Alec and I have also taken several jogs on a prairie path that is just a few blocks from the house. Plus, we have met several of our neighbors who all seem nice and rave about the neighborhood. Yesterday we actually got cookies and cupcakes from two different sets of neighbors - a nice treat for a sweet tooth like myself. We have also made the transition from Alec's crib to his big boy bed, with the exception of naps. He is sleeping through the night perfectly, but at nap time he gets out and plays with his toys, so we are still using the crib in the room next door a little. And - b/c we are nuts and didn't think we already had enough to deal with, we decided to start the potty training process. Alec has seemed ready for quite awhile and Matt and I are very ready to be done with diapers. So - the first day was a disaster, but we have had a tremendous amount of progress since then and seem to be headed in the right direction. What helps is that Alec has Thomas underwear and he thinks Thomas cries when he gets peed on, so he is doing his best not to have any accidents.....works for us! Anyway - hugs and kisses!

Morning of the move

just a small glimpse of the boxes


Keeping busy while the movers load up

At the new house before the furniture arrived - note our new fave rug!

Alec approves

Dishwasher installation - and the new floor we had put in in the kitchen

Dresser assembly

Taking advantage of his new bookshelf that is built for climbing on. It was actually mine when I was little and my mom saved it, so we painted it to match Alec's new bed.

Alec's bedroom/play paradise

6 comments:

Grammy G. said...

Og my gosh!!! I'm so glad you finally posted again, I've been dying to see pictures of the house. The kitchen floor looks great, and I love Alec's bedroom. I can see so much more of it from these pictures than the video, which I enjoyed greatly, but wished I could see more of the room.
It's also wonderful to see Alec in his new digs looking so happy. :)

Abby said...

The house looks great, and I love Alec's room and the new train bed! I am getting vcery excited to come visit:)

Sweet Baby James said...

I love Alec's room! I can't believe he is sleeping through the night in his big boy bed-even with all those toys! Way to go Alec! And nice job on the potty training too. The Thomas (and Elmo) undies are what did it for us too. Your house looks awesome, post more pics when you can!

Little Miss Nelson said...

What a cool room! Alec is such a lucky little boy to have so many fun things right there in his bedroom. Your house is looking great, I can't wait to see more pics soon!

Nick and Kristen said...

Your house is beautiful, and Alec looks so happy! I am so glad you're getting settled in. :)

Reagan & Corey Sowa said...

Hilarious that he thinks Thomas cried! Love his room. The house looks awesome. I hope all is going well!