Saturday, August 27, 2011

Oh Charlie


Sweet little Charlie has decided that he is no longer happy with sitting still:) In the last 2 days, against all of Mommy and Daddy's attempts to stop him, he has started crawling. 5 1/2 months seems insanely early to me for a baby to crawl, but he has always spent so much time on his tummy that I suppose it was inevitable. His crawl isn't pretty, he gets up on all fours and then lunges himself forward (he kind of hops) and then does it again, but it is a crawl nonetheless, and he can move pretty far pretty fast. I think within a week or two he will have really mastered it and have it down. I've tried to get a few videos, but he of course won't cooperate when I get out the camera, so for now here are some pics. He was loving crawling around in the freshly cut lawn last night. While I'm proud of his new accomplishment, I'm also really sad about it. Why is my baby growing up so fast?

I think this one is hilarious, can you tell how proud of himself he is?



Excuse the grass on his face that is in all of these pics




He's also figuring out how to go from all fours to a sitting position



and sampling some of the lawn in the meantime.

6 comments:

Grammy G. said...

BIG trouble!!!!!

Abby said...

I can't believe he is crawling, he is soooo cute! He looks very proud and very happy out in the grass :)

JonandBarbara said...

Oh my...our baby boy is moving on..literally. The pictures are great. Take a deep breath Mom...life as you know it has just changed. Love the painter story too.
Bub

Little Miss Nelson said...

Amazing!!! He's so little, I can't believe he can be crawling already! The pictures are too adorable for words, his expressions are priceless!

Lacey said...

I love, love, love these pictures! He is too cute! I'm sure he'll be jumping off the diving board next year!!

Sweet Baby James said...

He is a maniac! You are going to have your hands FULL with those 2 boys. It is a good thing they are both so dang cute :-) Love both those boys! And seriously, could Charlie's little face be any sweeter?