Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big Boy Bike


After demonstrating his maturity and budding sense of responsibility by putting an entire cooked noodle up his nose at dinner last night (which I had to remove in about 10 pieces via tweezers at the dinner table,) we decided to give Alec his new summer toy - a big boy bike. He has been riding his strider bike with ease and confidence for about a year now, so we have been talking a lot about a big boy bike and we decided that if Alec could teach himself to pedal on a tricycle that we would get him one this summer. The idea of a big bike like his dad's was impossible for Alec to resist, so he mastered the art of pedaling in a few days before our trip to the beach and yesterday we busted out his new bike. He was beyond excited. We first attempted to go straight to 2 wheels, skipping the training wheels altogether, but since Alec is still mastering the art of pedaling, doing that while balancing was a little too hard. So, the training wheels are on and he's ready! He only had a chance to ride around the driveway a bit last night b/c it was getting dark, but he did great and can't wait to practice more after his nap this afternoon. Here are a few pics of my big boy, and his big boy bike!




Not sure if there is anything cuter than a boy learning to ride a bike with his dad. I still remember my dad running behind me in his suit the day I learned to ride on my first 2 wheeler when I was a kid:)

No comments: