Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chi Town


Matt had a sales meeting downtown this week and Alec and I decided to join him! He was staying at a hotel right on the corner of the Chicago river and Michigan Avenue, which is an amazing spot, so we decided we would do some city sightseeing for a few days. Matt was in meetings the whole time, so we didn't see much of him, but Alec and I had a blast. We shopped, ate out, met an old friend from high school for lunch, and took a boat tour of the river and the lake. It was a nice change of pace for us, and super fun to do some more exploring the in the city, which really is awesome! Since it was mainly just the two of us, I have a whole lot of Alec pics.

Chasing pigeons might have been the highlight of Michigan Ave for Alec

Right across from our hotel

An attempt at a dual photo

From our boat tour, which was fascinating - I'm not big on history stuff, so I was a little skeptical, but I ended up loving it.
Pretty fun date for Alec and Mommy

3 comments:

Grammy G. said...

I want to go on the boat tour, next time I'm there!!!

Sweet Baby James said...

We had so much fun in Chicago, what a great place to be able to live! James already wants to take Baby He-Who back to a Cubs game, so we might just be visiting you again while you are still there. Brynne's favorite thing to do is the historical boat tour too! We didn't have time for one, so we just settled for a water taxi ride instead.

Little Miss Nelson said...

What fun! Chicago seems like such an exciting city and it looks like you and Alec had a great time exploring!