Friday, October 30, 2009

Snow Day


With the rest of the folks here in CO, we spent the last 2 days snowed in. Lucky for us, I packed up and headed to my mom's on Wed morning, so we had company and lots to do. I think I would have gone a little nuts if I was stuck in my house with Alec for 2 straight days, but instead we had a great time playing in the snow and keeping warm and well fed at Grammy's house. We bought Alec a snowsuit on a whim about 3 weeks ago, and he definitely put it to good use. As you can see, he loved the snow! The 2-day break also gave my mom and I some time to finish up Alec's yellow bus Halloween costume. It turned out great and he is super excited to debut it tonight at a Halloween party with his friends. I was going to wait to post pics, but I couldn't and included a few sneak peaks with this post.

Miles REALLY loves the snow

Getting ready





Note the gloves - only solution I could come up with to keep his hands warm and dry was to put him in my gloves.


Nothing like a 2-year old to get their grandparents on a sled.



Testing out the bus


Catalogue shopping

Hot cocoa


3 comments:

Grammy G. said...

Papa and I had so much fun having you guys snowed in with us. I just wish everyone could have heard Alec counting each of the vegetables in that salad! That was quite the process.

Miles=Flying Dog (without a Halloween costume)

Sweet Baby James said...

Seriously that bus is hands out the BEST costume ever. I mean as long as you aren't competing with Hulk Hogan. J/K, it really is the cutest, so glad we got to see it in person!

Abby said...

The bus is amazing! Uncle Ross and I are super impressed, we can't wait to see it tomorrow:)