Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mt. Sanitas


Yesterday we took our first hike of the season. We went up Mt. Sanitas in Boulder and had a great time. Alec did really well in the hiking pack - he got a little fussy when we were almost at the top - we think he was hot and hungry, but did great the rest of the way, and I managed to make it all the way to the top with him on my back, which was no easy feat. It was a beautiful day and so nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine. The 3 of us will definitely be doing more hiking this season.
Brode made it to the top as well - although he is definitely getting a little slower as he gets older.

Our little mountain man


At the summit
Alec rode down the mountain on dad's back.


and even got in a little nap!

2 comments:

Grammy G. said...

What a beautiful day it looks like it was. I'm jealous. Can't wait until I can join you all on these adventures. I especially liked the napping pose.

Sweet Baby James said...

Are you kidding me that you carried him the whole way up? That is an amazing accomplishment! He almost weighs as much as you do :-) That looks like so much fun! James and I would love to join you on a hike this summer as long as it is an easy one!