Monday, January 12, 2009

Just Being Alec


Some cute pics of Alec running around being himself. He is thoroughly enjoying all of his new x-mas presents, especially his golf clubs! Matt and I both really enjoyed 15 months. It amazes us how much Alec understands, and we love watching him as he explores and tries new things. He still isn't talking much, although he is adding new words to his vocabulary almost everyday and again - he understands EVERYTHING we say! He has started to have some really bad separation anxiety this month, with both Matt and me, which surprises us b/c he has always been so independent. If we are around he is great, but when one of us leaves there are giant tears and sobs to the tune of momma or dada. Unfortunately, I have started trying to take him to the child care station at the rec center b/c I got a membership for x-mas and it hasn't been going well. They have actually had to get me out of class on two occasions b/c he is so inconsolable. Of course, as soon as I walk in to get him he perks right up. We are hoping it is just a phase and as stressful as it makes my workouts, I am going to continue to take him. I apologize to the poor babysitters who have to put up with his sobs! And yes, I did catch one of them rolling their eyes at another when I walked in with him last Friday. I can hardly blame them though, as they had a room of about 15 completely happy kids and Alec started screaming as soon as we entered the door. I guess it is just part of his charm for the time being!




No comments: